If you’re looking for a job in pharmaceuticals, there are plenty of opportunities. But what are the skills you need to land those jobs? and how many jobs are available in major pharmaceuticals? Here you will find the answers.
How many jobs are available in major pharmaceuticals?
So, how many jobs are available in major pharmaceuticals? There are currently over 1,000 jobs available in major pharmaceuticals. In fact, every month there are more than 600 new job openings for candidates looking for a career at one of these companies.
In past, the number of open jobs in this category was:
- 17,00 (2020)
- 12,00 (2019)
- 10,000 (2018)
It looks like there will be more than enough job opportunities for you to find one that suits your skills and interests. If you’re still not sure where you should start looking for work, check out our guide on how to get a job at a major pharmaceutical company!
Given the sheer number of jobs available in pharmaceuticals, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information.
Top skills you need to ace your interview and land the job:
You may not have known this, but the jobs that are available in pharmaceuticals are some of the toughest to get. That’s because they’re filled with smart, hardworking people who know their stuff—and employers want them!
It’s important to keep in mind that these companies are looking for specific skills from candidates. So if you want to succeed at an interview and land a job, it helps to know what those are. Here are some of the top skills you need to ace your interview and land a job in pharmaceuticals: -Good communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
These are essential skills in the pharmaceutical industry. You’ll need to be able to clearly explain your ideas and work effectively with other people—and that means being able to listen as well as talk. Whether you’re working on a project or presenting it, you’ll need to be able to understand what others are saying and respond appropriately.
Here’s a list of companies hiring in pharmaceuticals:
Here’s a list of companies hiring in pharmaceuticals.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Alkermes (formerly Indivior)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. (BI)
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company (BMY).
- Biogen Idec
- Eli Lilly and Company, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana
What are the skills you need to get those jobs?
Here are the skills you’ll need to get those jobs:
- A bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) field. This will help you stand out from other candidates with similar degrees.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting. You may not be able to get an entry-level job without first working as an intern at a research facility or pharmaceutical company; however, most employers prefer hiring recent graduates who have worked in laboratories before graduation because they want someone who can hit the ground running upon starting their new career!
You can find a lot of job opportunities in pharmaceuticals. But the best way to get those jobs is by having the skills needed for them. That’s why we created our new article about what skills you need for that industry—and how to train yourself so that you can ace your interview and land the job.
For more articles, visit I2P.