Aomei Partition Assistant is a free partition manager that can help you resize, move, merge and wipe partitions. It’s a powerful tool for repartitioning disks and creating new ones. You can use it on both Windows and Linux operating systems.
What is Aomei Partition Assistant?
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition is a totally free and safe tool to manage your hard drive partitions, which can make all operations on the partitions within your computer.
The software provides you with several ways to manage your hard drives and their partitions:
- Disk Management – Allows you to format and delete disks or create new ones. It also lets you resize existing partitions or create new ones by resizing an existing partition’s size or splitting one into two using this method.
- File Recovery – This feature allows users who accidentally deleted files from their hard drives (or lost them) to back up those files onto another location within the same disk itself!
It allows you to browse, organize and back up your hard disk drives in an easy-to-use interface. With this program, you can access all data in one convenient location with comprehensive search capabilities as well as perform advanced tasks like cloning drives or formatting partitions.
It provides a convenient and powerful function to resize and move partitions for free.
AOMEI Partition Assistant is a freeware partition manager software for Windows. You can also create a Windows 10 bootable disk drive with AOMEI PA SE or copy one or more partitions to another hard drive.
With simple wizard steps, you can finish the tasks in a few minutes.
With just two steps you can get any of the actions done:
- Select the partition you want to modify (resize/move) and click on the “Resize” button;
- Then select how much space you want them to extend (elevate) by clicking on the “Elevate” button;
So, what are the main features of AOMEI Partition Assistant?
- Resize and move the partition.
- Merge 2 adjacent partitions into a larger one without data loss.
- Create windows to go disk (WTG). This is commonly used for moving from one computer to another and it can be used as a virtual drive as well.
- Copy disk or partitions. It is possible to copy entire disks including their contents, so you can easily transfer files between different computers without losing any data at all!
- Wipe disk or partitions completely: You can erase the contents of your hard drive completely by wiping off all existing data on it with this tool.
Resize and move the partition
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition is a totally free and safe tool to manage your hard drive partitions, which can make all operations on the partitions within your computer. It provides a convenient and powerful function to resize and move partitions for free.
All you need to do is download AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition for most popular systems: Windows XP / Vista /7/8/10 (32bit/64bit), Mac OS X 10.6 or later; Linux Kernel 2.6 or later; FreeBSD operating system (i386 only).
Merge 2 adjacent partitions into a larger one without data loss
AOMEI Partition Assistant can merge 2 adjacent partitions into a larger one without data loss. The process is simple and fast, but it requires that the source disks are bootable. If you have an SSD with no MBR, then this option may not work for you.
Also Read: USB C to HDMI
The best way to keep your data safe when merging two or more partitions is by using AOMEI Partition Assistant’s Automatic method and selecting “Merge 2 adjacent partitions into one larger one” in its General settings dialog box as shown below:
Create Windows to go disk
AOMEI Partition Assistant is a powerful, easy-to-use disk partition manager that can be used to create and manage partitions on your hard drive. It allows you to create operating systems like Windows 10 or Windows 7 from USB flash drives, CDs/DVDs, or local hard drives.
You can also use AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert an existing partition into a full system restore point for future restoration if needed. This feature will allow you to save all of your files before making any changes related to PC repair and maintenance tasks so that they won’t get lost when something goes wrong with your computer or smartphone!
Copy disk or partitions
You can copy a partition or disk to another partition, use it as the source for a new disk or install it on an existing computer.
Wipe disks or partitions completely
Wipe disks or partitions completely
- Wipe hard drive or partitions
- Wipe files and folders
- Wipe free space
As we all know that you need to pay money to buy some professional partition managers so that they can help you manage your disk drives such as repartitioning, migrating OS, and so on. However, now it’s not necessary again because there’s totally free tool called Aomei Partition Assistant Standard Edition (AOMEI PA SE) that has powerful functions as those paid ones do.
With this tool, you can easily create or delete partitions in your hard drive without any issues. It supports all modern operating systems like Windows 7/8/10; Mac OS X Mavericks 10+11+.
You can also convert MBR into GPT if needed or convert MBR into NTFS without losing data when installing the new operating system on another computer with a different architecture type than yours (32 vs 64-bit).